Hello! I am a writer, teacher, and scholar. This is my website.
Christopher Lirette is a writer and scholar living in Atlanta, Georgia. His doctoral research focuses on the personal, historical, political, and lyric aspects of the decline of the Louisiana shrimp fishery in a world of global capital and communication.
His research interests include
- labor and deindustrialization as they relate to cultural expression, identity, ethnicity, creolization, locality, temporality, imagination, belonging, and public policy
- southern Louisiana and its historical imaginaries
- American culture, politics, and history
- experimental and visual scholarship, especially documentary filmmaking and humanities computing
- popular culture, especially visual representations of place and the politics of location shooting
I teach American Studies classes at Emory University. I used to teach creative and expository writing at Cornell University.
Here are some courses I’ve designed and taught.